Saturday, August 30, 2008

Crescent City

Saturday:


Left at 5:30 AM, got gas and headed out 199 towards the coast. Driving at a good speed, got there at 8:20 (show supposed to start at 8:30). Not to worry though as I wasn't the only one who was a bit behind on things. Was able to unload the rabbits, pay and breathe before the show started up.


I paid my dues, chatted a bit and waited for the Mini Lops to come up. Show A was under Randy.... he DQ'ed Maid Dignified for being overweight (2-3 ounces) and my others... didnt do jack. Show B was under Tom Keyes.... He picked Maid Dignified first but picked some junior doe over her for variety.... whatever. Show C she stepped up to the plate under Cathy S and won Best of Breed. She was taken out a few times for BIS, though there were some really nice animals up there! A was won by RIS - Don/Judy Atchison, BIS - Mindy/Melanee Smitts. B - RIS - Don/Judy Atchison? and BIS was a Mini Satin by Larry/Sharon Web. Show C was RIS a French Lop by Jenn Martin and again the Mini Satin.


I finally visited the cheese factory! Mhm.... it's sooooo much less there than in the stores (like a little over $2 / lb) And the weather was sooo chilly. 105 in GP yesterday and going over to the coast, I'm not sure it even broke 60.


Sunday:

Arrived to the showroom shortly after 8. Satins started up right away under Roger and some of the breeders weren't there so since I didn't have anything to do I carried. Watched the Satins for a while and waited for him to get through Rex so we could show Mini's. Roger DQ'ed MD for being a brick... lol.. It worked out the same in B too under Melissa, even though they all loved her. Maybe next time. I got rid of my 4 Mini's and the 3 French... so down to just 5 bunnies on the way home. Registered for a bit, chatted with breeders and... well that was about it. CC is all about the camping, showing rabbits is just the part on the side.

***Waiting for results on the ARBA elections....


I could say a bit more, but I'm too tired to post more :D Resting here for a bit before I get back to dinner/games/fun. I will probably head home tomorrow.

No comments: