Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Last County Fair . . .

I barely make the age deadline, but whatever, why not show ? I made a sick educational display, will do a presentation (both on rabbits of course!) and entering 16 rabbits in open and 4-H.

Open:
Velotta's Stitch - SSB (yes coming out of retirement for a week)
LHHR's Boomerang - SSB
LHHR's Exclusive Getaway -SSD
LHHR's 2 - SJD [For Sale]
LHHR's 3 - SJD [For Sale]
Stormie Haven's Keepsake -BSB (never been shown)
LHHR's Maid Dignified - BSD
LHHR's Maddelyn - BJD
LHHR's MB2 - BJB
LHHR's MB3 - BJB [For Sale]
LHHR's MB4 - BJB [For Sale]

4-H:
LHHR's Mist At Dawn - Senior Doe
LHHR's Lil' Hollister - Senior Buck
LHHR's 1 - Junior Buck [For Sale]
LHHR's Kenai - Junior Buck
LHHR's Kassidy - Junior Doe

I haven't decided if I am going to state fair or not... I guess I will decide that closer to fair . . . I'll be quite honest and I'm not so happy with the 'judges' hired (only 1 is an ARBA judge) for showmanship / conformation... and that's a long way to go just for a day! [Not to mention turning back around and going to Crescent City the next day].

I think I may keep 2 babies from Secret Score (steel doe and bkn chestnut buck). Hab is doing great with the 5. There is 1 bkn chestnut, 1 chestnut, 1 chinchilla & 2 bkn chinchillas. Yay... for no color.

I named my 3 older juniors... pretty sad they've went this long w/o names.... but I named the VM buck Kenai, the VM doe Kassidy and my bkn blue doe from MAD, Maddelyn :) I finished tattooing everyone I'll be showing at fair... that was a chore. I have to weigh Stitch... I think he looks SO pretty right now he's nearly done with his molt and I swear he's lost a pound but in excellent condition. He's the only one who actually uses the rabbit run to 'run' in. :) He loves his time in there!

Easy Summer will get her box later this evening or tomorow if I forget. I never palpated her but she should be due to Keepsake on the 2nd. I am excited to see what I get out of him :)

I think that's all I have to update right now. I updated most pages of my website yesterday... mostly minor updates but as much as I could do for now.

No comments: