Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bring on the school year!

I just have 11 days left at home & then it's back to Corvallis to start the new job and prepare for the school year.

I am VERY excited for the new changes and mindset... Graduating and getting into graduate school will be my main focus for these upcoming months, so there won't be many rabbit thoughts. I will attend a couple shows and send off stock to Convention. I am reducing my herd as much as possible just to be fair on them. I simply won't have large chunks of time to dedicate to this hobby. My research project will consume me. I'm just so happy to move forward! As far as judging requests, I have accepted a few, but a lot I have turned down simply because I know they will already conflict with school. I knew this would be a problem when I got my license because I knew school would always be my #1 concern.

I DO have a life outside of rabbits. A lot of breeders seem not to understand this concept. For many breeders this hobby is all that they have. School, family and friends will always come before the livestock, and with the livestock my cattle, horses and dogs still rate over the rabbits. My research project this fall deals with cattle, so if I have an overload of cattle information, forgive me now!!!

The website is getting minorly updated, I don't have good internet here so I mark animals on hold or make minor changes, but it needs to be overhauled soon; a lot of the information is outdated. Not like I have intentionally left out animals like other breeders I know, but I just haven't had the time to sit down long enough to work on it.

The best option is to e-mail me on my convention sales list. I'm willing to sell most of anything at a reasonable offer. My goal is to get down to 12-15 by November & so far I'm doing a relatively good job at achieving that number :)

No comments: