Sunday, April 20, 2008

Random thoughts


I took pics of all the juniors and babies :) Here is what we are thinking :
RMM - "Milktip" is going to be a big gal like her parents. Since we can't show her, we plan on breeding her in June. :)
HHD - Coming along very nicely in body -- Her head doesn't match too well with her big body right now, but both her parents were fine in that area? so we'll see.

BD - We wanted to keep the doe, because we really didn't need another buck, but the one buck is oh so impressive!!! We may just have to keep him...

LH1 - with 4 bucks and 1 doe, and the doe being very nice, we are keeping the Smoke Pearl Chin from Lela and Hollywood :) The other 4 bucks are nothing to complain about, but we would like to find them show/breeding homes because they are too nice to pet out.

Klara and SourCream are doing very well with their litters, no losses and they look to be taking after daddy for the most part. I will be keeping Klara's VM buck and there are plenty of does to choose from in SC's litter, so we will decice on one later. SourCream's 2nd litter will be with Mr. Miami we have decided, afterwards both will be up for sale.

Myrtle Point is this weekend.... yay?
Here is who we are showing:
  • LHHR's Boomerang - *GC 4 legs
  • LHHR's Summer Breeze - Reg. 1 leg
  • LHHR's Buster Blue - Reg.
  • LHHR's Maid Dignified - Reg. 2 legs

I would really like to get a 3rd leg on Maid Dignified, she really deserves it..... honestly. And I was looking last night, if she granded, and I bred her to Boomerang, the kids would have a GOLD seal pending their registration. that is something I've always wanted to accomplish, and have been close many, many, many times [but consquently, the does have never granded].

Hopefully my KW stuff will come this week, so I can use my new carrier bottles. If not I will just double up on crocks but the bottles don't slosh all over.... We're still working on getting the barn clean.... we had meant to finish dumping trays today, but it SNOWED! [and still is] and just the other day I almost got a burn from the 90* weather.... what's up with that?!

Regardless, we still have some cages and equipment to sell, I think I will bring one of the cages filled with equipment to sell.... I need to have the one side of the barn clean so we can move the cages to the other side temporaily. I am also on the lookout for *very* lightly used (or in very good condition) stacking cages with trays.... I just cant find the money to buy new ones, esp after my $200 order from KW.... but I would like to have some overflow cages for next summer and future use. I'm in no big hurry, but I'll keep my ears open.

We will be doing some breedings in June.... I will post more on that later but I am pretty stoked, Mr. Miami and Hollister will be two of the bucks we use, and hopefully can offer them for sale after the live arrivals.

Speaking of June..... OREGON STATE CONVENTION catalog is out! Here is the information:
http://olrcb.net/conv08.htm. This has got to be one of the best shows in Oregon :)

After this weekend's show, we will post who will be going to Yreka with us. :)
And if you are wondering what the top pictures are about, they are what started my whole rabbit hobby, Butterscotch and Carmel.... found these pics on a CD while looking for something else. Pics via 1999 or 2000, about a year or two before they died.
I am also updating the website right now, so check back for updates!!!

No comments: