Monday, September 13, 2010

My last 2 weeks of freedom!


Thanks to Tracy & Sara for letting Nicole and I sleep on your floor. We'll make reservations next time, ha ha!

In the A Show, Nicole won BOB with Nell. In the B show, I won BOSB with Hank Tank. My Checkered Giant was the only one, but I entered him for breed exposure only. Jill's blue Dutch doe won BOB both shows. Nicole & Sarah's Silver Marten by Pyro won Reserve in Show in B. Not too shabby right?

I also picked up my Silver Martens; Pyro and Maddy. They are bred to super Arson. I can't thank Sarah & Nicole enough for doing that for me. Hopefully, if they take & kindle successfully, I should have a good start to the breed. I am picking up a junior Marten at Convention from a breeder to be discussed later ;)
I also picked up a colored ML buck, from Becky Jones. He is a GC Bkn Opal, who isn't too shabby. I can't wait to breed Rylee to him :)

I picked up 6 plastic J feeders from Tracy. I needed them for my stacker in Corvallis. Jill was kind enough to make space in her barn so I don't have to do the 6 hour RT drive to pick up rabbits to show at the northern shows.

I have 20 holes at home. Here is what should be staying there :


Rylee

Brianna – due 10/11

Lea Ann – due 10/9


Wall E

Stitch

Zeus

Maddy – due 10/1

Pyro – due 10/1

Robin (DOB 3/19)

Bruce (DOB 4/8)


For my 6 holes in Corvallis:

Hank & Lila

Dominic

Melinda & Nemo

Madonna


After culling, I should have 10 holes open to grow out juniors in. That is without sales, so if I sell what I have for sale, that should give me an additional 3-4 holes or so.

So.... that's really the lay down before I start my 3rd year of college. I'm only taking 12 credits, but they are grueling, so if I don't post often, you'll know what I'm up to :)

No comments: