Friday, March 7, 2014

30 Things I learned in my 20's

Life after college is rougher than anything I ever imagined. Some days I feel like I'm 24 going on 40. I got this idea off another blog and decided to spin it to real things I've learned. 
1. Wine > vodka. Probably because I'm allergic to vodka. Im a real sucker for tequila or whiskey though. 
2. Disney movies will never get old. Seriously they make you feel like a kid. Finding Nemo never gets old. 
3. Tell your family you love them as much as possible. You never know when shit will happen. My dad was in the hospital for 4 months where I fell apart and couldnt tell him this enough.  
4. Drinking & driving is not worth it. Neither is texting. Still need to work on these more. 
5. Mexican hole-in-the-wall restaurants have the best margaritas. Miss el' presidente so so much! 
6. You’ll fail a couple of times. Its a part of growing up. 
7. If you need help with money, don’t continue to struggle. I ended up having to take out a loan 3rd year in college. Don't max out credit cards or ruin your credit score. 
8. Not everyone is going to like you. Live with it. 
9. You can never have too many shoes. Life is too short. Just buy them! 
10. Stand up for your beliefs
11. Sometimes you just need to cry. Necessary 
12. Traveling is the best money you can spend. Biggest regret, not traveling right after college. I wished I would have traveled and saw the west before I started working. Now I cant because I cant get time off. 
13. Exercise. Your health is everything.
14. Wait to get a puppy, they’re a lot of work. Going through this one right now 
15. Wait to have kids. Yes.... muchly. 
16. Use sunscreen. Fried suntans are no fun 
17. Moisturize!
18. Chamomile tea. Its a lifesaver. 
19. Get in the best shape of your life — working on this. 
20. LIVE OFF COFFEE. and Redbull 
21. Set goals and actually try to reach them. Have soo soo many goals right now. 
22. Smile more.
23. Never lose touch with your siblings and cousins.
24. Don’t forget to call dad.
25. Being single isn’t the worst thing in the world. I'll admit it sucks, but Id rather be happy not having an asshole than having one. 
26. Set your alarm, and actually get up. Lifes too short to sleep in. 
27. The real world can be really cold.
28. God’s timing is perfect.
29. Remember to take pictures. Snapshots in time 
30. You’re only in your 20s for 10 years. Live em up. 

No comments: