Friday, June 1, 2012

Long time, no post!

Well, it's JUNE!

I submitted my thesis yesterday. I present next Friday the 8th. After I'm done I have to jump in my car and drive to my parents house to load up the rabbits for Oregon State Convention! I'm excited!

I graduate on June 17th. It's all a scary thought, really!

Rabbits ...

I'm starting to build back up the herd. I cut down quite a bit this spring in plans for graduate school. I currently have 10 breeding/show stock, and 2 litters

Kirby has a litter of 9 (5 does, 4 bucks), all chestnut to Remington.
Houdini has a litter of 5, all solids to Remington.
Rylee is due 6/13 to Remington. She missed last go around and this is a test breeding to see if she can still produce.


I'm adding in a Blue Chinchilla Jr Buck from Nicole next weekend. He's an outcross buck, but he's out of two stunning rabbits, a DeSurra buck and Harmon doe! I also am adding another surprise coming from the WA State Convention, but I'll discuss that later.

I will be breeding Bell Pepper next weekend. To what buck is to be decided. But I won't get to any shows until the fall and I'd like to get her started right away on motherhood.

That's really about it, except that we have 5 does for sale (contact me) and a couple promising juniors that we're growing out. I'll be doing a huge barn clean/rearrangement hopefully before the end of the month.

No comments: