Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer 09'

I don't think I've ever had my barn at a stand-still for so long! Other than the 33 babies and juniors running around, there no sales are arising and no shows to look forward to. I have 5 does I "need" to get bred, I managed to get one of them bred this morning so that's one thing to cross off my list.


I'm not worried about selling babies and juniors, those are easy to get rid of. It's the 13 seniors I'll need to rid of before I go back to college. Some of those I "really don't want to part with", but need to in order to keep on moving on.


On the positive side, Cris and Chestnut are due next week. Cris was bred to Chocolate for a colored litter. Where neither one of them are strong in type, they are decent and since I dont play with color much that's all I can expect. I don't really know what colors are possible... chocolate, lilacs and blues in self and steels I'm assuming. Chestnut was bred to Theodore, a complementary breeding, hopefully she'll have a good litter this time :)


It just seems like I was unpacking, and now I have started packing again for the move back up to Corvallis. My rent starts on August 1st, which is when the Benton County Fair ends, so I'll already have been "home" for a week anyways. Jobs aren't flowing here in southern oregon, so it's more likely I could find something up there. Furthermore, I have a bunch of stuff to do up there. It's also a lot cooler in Corvallis than it is here in the valley... luckily the rabbits have been managing; I am scared for the next two months, I will be especially busy, but I will be keeping on top of the rabbits nonetheless.

I have updated the website; all pages. I reorganized the bucks and does pages, mostly everything is for sale.... Juniors page won't be updated for a few more weeks atleast.

That's all... I'll update when our two does kindle next week.

No comments: