Sunday, October 19, 2008

On their way!

On monday, the 13th I had a 4-H Small Animal Meeting... it was nice to meet the other leaders of rabbit clubs in our county and I learned a lot!!! I have been given the wonderful opprotunity to start my own club, we have a few members already and lots of growing interest!

On tuesday, the 14th I attended my Collegiate 4-H meeting. It was short, but to the point. I love being in the club already! I was going to attend the Steer a Year meeting that night too but I'm afraid I missed it :( I'll get to one in a couple of weeks :)

Friday, I went HOME! It was unexpected and planned rather quickly, but after my rabbit transport failed last weekend (I won't even begin to go into that...) I had to drive the 3 rabbits to Portland this weekend. Luckly, a friend was going home this weekend, and it worked out we rode together and we met up with John today, no problems! The rabbits are on their way tomorrow!!! It was a long weekend, but well deserved!

I looked at all my juniors and did some seperating. Hab's does have their own cage, weaned Summer's babies, Pride's babies have their own cage and I split Secret Score juniors into 2 per cage. Pride, Hab and Summer's babies had chewing wars.... ugh! But SS's litter still amazes me! All does and it's so hard to tell them apart type wise!, although my top end doe still being the steel looks WOW right now! I'd get her to a show if I could. I bred Maid Dignified to Stitch... she was VERY ready to be bred and he got her three times! At 5 months, I hope they don't go over for ML Nationals.... but this will be one heck of a litter! I also tried breeding Summer and Ex. Getaway but they were not cooperative.... Since I left them overnight, there is no way for me to tell if they took.... so 30 days here we come!

A month till Fall Warren! I'm going just to help out and chat with bunny friends :) And if I don't go... oh well.... but it's only 10 miles away......

So starting up a 4-H club has been taking up most of my time other than school work... midterms this week.... ugh! In two weeks we can start registering for National Collegiate 4-H conference.... exciting! And a couple weeks after that is Winter term registration AND flying out to Atlanta! I am still very honored to be selected for a trip to National 4-H Congress... being one of the elite youth from Oregon ... and the ONLY youth from southern Oregon :D

ok, I'm rambling now... until later :D

No comments: