Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Mini Lop Nationals!

WOW! is all I have to say :) I had such a great time, met so many awesome people and I am still insanely exhausted so this post will be rather short, I apologize in advance. Hats off to Vanessa & Tomalene Borquez and Tricia Hill for making it an awesome trip :)

*note I didn't post placements after 10th, there were only a couple :D I should mention I competed in OPEN, against Kassi Sieber and Chris Desurra, among other top breeders. I am very happy in what I brought home with my homebred stock.

Mini Lop Nationals placements:
LHHR's Mason - 9th SJB
LHHR's Dominic - 3rd SJB
LHHR's Taylor - 5th SJD
LHHR's Last Minute - 7th SJD
LHHR's Hera - 6th BSD
LHHR's Theodore - 9th BJB

SCMLC Specialty Show "The Day After Show":
LHHR's Dominic - 9th SJB
LHHR's Taylor - 6th SJD
LHHR's Titan - 5th BJB
LHHR's Theodore - 1st BJB and BEST OPPOSITE SEX VARIETY!!!
[under Randy Shumaker!!]
Sieber's Obnoxious - 4th SSD! [to the Best of Breed winner!]

West Coast Classic Double Open:
LHHR's Mason - 2nd & 3rd SJB!
LHHR's Dominic - 5th & 9th SJB!
LHHR's Last Minute - 9th & 9th SJD!
LHHR's Taylor - 5th & 6th SJD!
LHHR's Titan - 2nd & 3rd SJB!
LHHR's Theodore - 3rd & 10th SJB!
LHHR's Hera - 5th & 9th BSD!

I presold 2.... LHHR's EGK1 placed 7th in the National in Youth and won her class the next day, I hope she does well for the Votaw family. I also sold LHHR's Mozzerella to Heather, bred to Stitch so hopefully she carried her litter on the long trip. On our way back Summer left to Vanessa Borquez, bred to Stitch, so hopefully she produces another kick-butt litter!

I purchased a rabbit... yes, yes I did. I didn't find anything I liked of Chris D's rabbits, but I did find one of Kassi's that I liked so I spent the money and brought her home. I think she will add a great deal to my herd.

I attended the Judges Conference... Allen Mesick did a great job in putting it on, all the presenters were amazing and I learned a lot. Gained some tips for when I give my presenation at State Convention.

I bred does on my way back home! woot! Here are the breedings we have coming for National Convention:

LHHR's Maddelyn x ?'s Chocolate - Bred: 4/12 [color litter only]
LHHR's Mia x LHHR's Mason - Bred: 4/12
LHHR's/Velotta's Hera x LHHR's Theodore - Bred: 4/12
LHHR's Kassidy x LHHR's Kenai - Bred: 4/27 [BEW litter only]
LHHR's Maid Dignified x Velotta's Danger - Bred: 4/27
LHHR's Kendall x LHHR's Boomerang - Bred: 4/27
LHHR's/Velotta's Ellie Mae x Velotta's Twitch -Bred: 4/27
LHHR's/Velotta's Hades x Velotta's Twitch - Bred: 4/27
LHHR's Chestnut x LHHR's Titan - Bred: 4/27
Siebers Obnoxious x Velotta's Twitch - Bred: 4/27

So we are pretty excited for these litters , three litters will be about 4 weeks old when I come home and the other 7 will just be opening their eyes!

**I will post pictures and more info with time, for now this is my update :) The website is in the process of being updated, we are also on the lookout for another host, since Geocities is shutting down :(

No comments: